My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goats out of Control

I’m sitting at my desk (away from home) and the phone rings. Christine, my wife, is on the other end. “Your goats are out” she says. I respond with, “okay, but what can I do”?

The goats had gotten out of their pen by pushing a board out of their way at the edge of the electric fence. They were grazing over by the pond enjoying their new found freedom. Christine’s uncle Rich put them back in the pen. Claudia secured the board to prevent any future escapes.

I can’t blame them for wanting to get out and explore the area. It has been raining for the past 3-5 days (I stopped counting). The top of the pond dam is torn up from the horses coming over and getting their water. The ground is so saturated.

My legs are so sore from walking in the mud. I sink to my ankles. I am so tired of this weather. It wouldn’t be bad if I didn’t have to go out in it. The animals don’t care if I’m tired, they want food. Rain go away.

No comments: