My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holiday Sickness

Let me bring you up to date. Yule came and everyone was sick. My in-laws came for a visit and got sick. They didn't get to do much. The girls were coughing and hacking. Christine came down with the flu bug a bit.

We took the girls and nephews to the waterpark at Funcity. We all had a good time. The slides were awsome. I forgot how much swimming wears me out.

Christine calls me one night before New Years and tells me the wind jsut ripped the debt card out of her hand. It is 9 PM and windy & cold out. I cancel the cards. The next morning We get a call from a business were the incident happened. They found our card by their entrance. Too late, I already canceled the cards. I pick up the card and head to the bank to order new cards.

I move the tractor out of the barn so I can do some work inside the barn. As I walk around the back of the tractor I notice one of the back tires are flat. I pull the tractor inside the barn and put some air in the tire. The fluid in the tire starts straying out. Nice! A hole in the tire from age and wear.

The lane leading to our house is horrible. Pot holes everywhere. We are looking to expand our children at the Activity Center. We are going to have some exciting activities this summer.

I got my tooth fixed. The dentist visit wasn't bad at all.

The chickens have started laying again. I think it's the young ones coming of age. Anyway it is nice to have them earn their feed.

I'm still sitting in a cube. I should be greatful I have a job. I feel like I'm wasting away in this cube as the world goes by. That's life on the farm.

No comments: