My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I picked up a bale of straw for Black Beauty (BB). She should be having that fold pretty soon. Her milk bag is forming two sides. It hasn't started seeping yet so we have a little time. We are moving her to the barn either today or tomorrow.

The girls will like having a new colt out at the place. I feel there is going to be a fight over ownership of this colt. Story behind this.

My in-laws bought the horse (I think Christine gave them some $$ towards it) because it was gentle enough for the two grandkid's to ride. (This was before we got our new daughters). They told the oldest grandkid they were buying the horse for him, when in fact I don't know whose horse it really is. So he rightly believes the horse is his. When that colt comes out, who's it going to be? My in-laws, the one grandkid's, our girls', or will it just be passed around? Who knows. The whole ownership of this horse is in question. I do know we have been feeding it through the winter. Going out in the cold, rain, sleet...just like the U.S. Mail.

Who knows. When Spring gets here things will change again. This place is morphing into something I don't even know. That's life on the farm.

No comments: