My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Busy Weekend

What a day! First I moved the tractor out of the barn so I could pull the van in there. The van has a bad tire. Flat actually. Took the tire off and couldn’t get the spare down. I ended up cutting the cable that holds the spare tire up against the van frame. I did all this while lying in the snow. The tire has a pin whole at the top of the sidewall (of course) so I’ll have to get another tire at $80.

I moved the goats to the lean to. I have to build their shelter box Saturday. I have to run the top strand for the fence today so I can let them out in the yard.

Went to cut a Yule tree for the kids. Walked to the edge of the field and 2 does jumped up. The hunters at work are sitting in deer stands at O-dark thirty and here I (a vegetarian) am out at noon walking with chainsaw in hand and kick up 2 does. You have to enjoy the irony of that.

I have to work on the horse trailer so Apollo can be moved to another stable. Then I have to start enclosing the barn across the pond. Just another day on the farm.

No comments: