My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Friday, December 5, 2008

Where'd it go?

The month of November rushed by. A lot has happened since I last posted. Our three foster children went to their grandma’s house to live. I hope they are doing well. We now have two girls that may be with us permanently. We are excited. The girls like the outdoors, which is good, and the animals.

We have to work on the “sharing” thing and they play well with other children.

We still don’t have any goat kids. At this point I hope we don’t get any. It is too cold to have kids in the barn. Maybe in the spring we’ll have some. We got snow the last weekend in November.

The chickens have started laying eggs again. Went through a dry spell for about 2 months without any eggs. Starting to get 2-4 eggs now.

Moved the horses across the pond to the shelter house. I still have to enclose it. I have been trying to clean the barn up but that’s a loosing battle. Seems like every time I go to start, some thing else gets in the way. At least my tool room is getting cleaned up a little. Just have to keep people from putting stuff in there.

We are getting ready to decorate for Yule. I have to find our Yule log so the girls can start lighting it.

More to come later.

No comments: