My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF

It seems like this has been a long week. Finally, Friday is here. I am getting rid of my 5 roosters today...yay. I'll be down to 1 rooster and about 20 hens.

Peaches is still limp on that leg. I noticed her hoof needs trimming. I was going to do it yesterday but I couldn't find the trimmers. While I was out in the barn I found them laying in the dirt (nice). I will clean them and trim Peaches hoof today.

We are watching 3 children for the weekend. It is going to be a long weekend. We are having some friends come out Saturday for a New Moon gathering with a bonfire. It will be interesting with 3 young ones (17 mos., 3 & 4 yr old). What are we thinking?

I was hoping to build the goat kid's pens today. I brought the wood over to the goat pen yesterday.

I am looking at using flashing for the roof cap on the barn. The caps for the tin we used costs $39 for 10 feet. Our barn is 47 feet. Flashing is only $11 per 10 feet. Flashing it is.

No comments: