My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Thursday, August 28, 2008

They’re outta here

The 5 roosters that is. Someone from work has a friend that is going to take them. That will leave me with 1 rooster and about 20 hens. I probably should count them so I know if any are disappearing. I wanted to hatch some chicks to sell as meat birds but I think the weather is going to get nasty before I can collect enough eggs and incubate them. The incubation period is 21 days. If I started now it would probably be the end of September before I get chicks. I think I’ll wait until after winter. If I get to use the secret room (an enclosed room) in the barn I might try to hatch a batch.

No comments: