My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Friday, August 29, 2008

Job Uncertainty

Buzz is going around about cut backs. Some of the engineers upstairs gone the axe. I hear 25 were let go. Some more are scheduled to be released in Oct. Tech writers are compiling a list of projects we still have going in hopes we can keep our jobs until the economy picks up. My inside voice {Good luck with that.}

I look at it like this;I will find something. I will make money somehow, legally of course. I can raise goats, sell chickens, eggs, handyman services, childcare activities, I will think of something. Who knows, I may not even have to worry about layoffs. My boss is meeting with her boss next week to discuss the 09 budget. I hope she tells us what is coming down the road instead of showing up one day and telling us to clear out our desk. I dreamt Tuesday night I got laid off. We'll see if this is to pass.

No comments: