My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Monday, June 9, 2008

Animal swap

Went to the animal swap Sunday morning looking for some goats. We found a set that was in our budget but they looked scraggly. Christine and Randy found some good looking ones. Four Boer goats all nannies two with kids that are due at the end of August. The other two are supposed to be with kids. We'll see. Three of the nannies are yearlings and one is 2 years old.

We'll they bought them. My bank account suffered a major financial leak. If we sell off the male goats we can recoup our money. The seller delivered the goats to the house.

Randy and Christine put together a pen for the goats next to the chickens. Hopefully the goats will deter any predators that go after the chickens. Two of my older hens wouldn't go in the coop in the evening. I think they are unsure of the goats being there. I had to trap them in their old coop. I used a fish net on one of them.

No comments: