My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Monday, June 2, 2008

Hot Tin Roof

WOW is it hot. Saturday Christine, Randy, Matt, and myself put the metal roof on the pole barn. We put 30 sheets of 13 ft., 24 ga. steel on the 24 ft. X 45 ft. barn. Poor Christine was feeding the sheets up to Matt and I. She was hating life, but she stuck to it. I'm proud of her. Randy was helping sometimes. Kathy was fixing dinner (Mexican). It was good.

Sunday I didn't do much. Randy and I went out and tied the trusses together on the pole barn. Then went to Warren's farm to look at some Morgan horses. We are looking to breed HD to his stud and maybe get a yearling colt for me to work with. The price is a little high so he'll work on him.

Christine and I also started our Cleanse Sunday morning. We are shooting for 10-12 days. We went 7 days last time we started. Basically it is a detox cleanse. Ridding the body of toxins from processed foods and other "not good for you" products that we put in our bodies.

It was rough getting up this morning. Now here I am in the cube wishing I was doing a hundred other things at the farm. Expecting rain tonight. Hope the roof holds.

No comments: