My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Here come the Flood

The Mississippi River is supposed to crest at 24 feet on June 18th. My brother-in-law and his family are being evacuated today from his home. Christine and I are going there after work to help them move stuff up from the basement and first floor. My In-Laws are there at the moment helping them.

Here is a story about an evacuation.
http://www.thehawkeye.com/Story/evacuation-WEB-061208

The flood won’t affect us since we live away from the river. But a lot of the downtown businesses are worried. A couple of banks have closed already. This could prove to be interesting.

As always, I’ll post photos as I get them.

No comments: