My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What a Weekend!

Gustav heading for my relatives in Biloxi, MS. They weren’t hit too badly. A limb fell on my youngest daughter’s car. Messed it up a bit, broke the tail light and dented he roof a little.

We had three children stay with us for the weekend. They are 17 months, 3 & 4 year old. Pretty good children really. We hung around the farm all weekend. They enjoyed helping me with the chores. They liked the cats and horses the best. The goats pushed them around trying to get to the food. The chickens didn’t hold their interest at all, until the rooster crowed. After that we were back to see the horses. They liked sitting on the horse while it ate.

Still no kids from my goats. Peaches is still limping but getting better. I am looking at getting rid of the cats (I got the go-ahead) and turning the lean-two into the winter goat shelter. I all ready have buyers for my kids and they aren’t even here yet. I will work on the pen today. I have to get some photos posted.

Randy and Kathy bought some saddles and blankets from the Kalona horse sale. Looks like we may be able to start riding those horses now. We put up a temporary grazing area this weekend for the horses. I have the jigger bites to prove it.

No comments: