My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Monday, October 20, 2008

Secret Room

I started moving my stuff into the secret room in the barn. The “secret room” is the name I gave to a room built inside the barn. It was where Delores stored her stuff. It had old books, carpet remnants, backpacks, this and that in there.

I laid claims to it a while back. I just want a space to call my own. A lockable space that I can put my tools, start and finish small projects, sit and have a cup of coffee, and perhaps design a few things for use around the farm.

Anyway, I started moving my stuff in there. I had to sweep up some mice droppings, old insulation, and about a pound of beetles. Now I just have to keep people from storing stuff in there just because there are shelves in there. It’s MINE all MINE.

We cleaned out some of the garage so Christine can pull a vehicle in. Now she doesn’t have to worry about the rain or snow. The kids will be able to get in and out of the vehicle without worries.

Christine’s grand parents are supposed to be gone today. Milford is ready to pull out and park over at Randy K’s.(his son). Delores is stocking the trailer cabinets with her stuff that didn’t sell at the auction or isn’t taking with her. The same trailer Claudia is supposed to be renting.

Delores doesn’t want to clutter up Randy’s place. She would rather inconvenience the people that are going to rent her trailer. This way she can store her stuff and get someone to pay rent and Delores doesn’t have to pay a thing. It’s all about the money. I hope she doesn’t think she is putting stuff back in the barn. If so I am charging a storage fee.

The sewage backed up again in the trailer. Claudia and Rich weren’t happy to hear that. Christine and I told Claudia to get a contract drawn up stating the responsibilities of the two parties involved in the renting of that trailer. Delores will bite them in the ass if they don’t. I say good riddance Delores.

We got a new horse this morning. We traded Lacey for this black one. I don’t know her name. She is gentler than Lacey. Still no goat kids. Chickens are still not laying that great. I get 2-3 eggs a day from over 14 hens. Not a good ratio.

No comments: