My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Approaching Auction

I still feel like poop. My head is congested, my body hurts, and I’m coughing uncontrollably. Other than that I feel fine.

The inside of the barn looks nice. Kathy cleared and reorganized the inside contents for the auction next week. There is still a lot of stuff in that secret room. I guess we are supposed to help with the loading of the hay racks and store them in the barn. That means I have to fine a place for the tractor, lawn tractor (mower), and the “jalopy” (Lawn tractor w/o the mower deck on it), we use it for a utility tractor. Randy said he isn’t helping. I don’t blame him. The only reason I’m helping is to clear out the “Secret room”. Delores already wants to pull the shelves out of the room. I don’t care as long as she gets her stuff out. The reason she is so eager to get those shelves out is because she doesn’t want anyone to use them. Heaven forbid someone use something of hers w/o paying her some kind of fee.

While the snow birds are gone for the winter I am going to be busy in the barn arranging it and making sure Delores has no business in it. I am also going to put locks on the doors. Since we will be the ones there I feel it needs to be secure.

I can’t wait for the auction. I may even video some of it. Mostly the expressions Delores makes when her “prized” processions don’t fetch a King’s ransom like she is counting on. I would have a different outlook on her if she wasn’t so “me-me what about me” all the time. I will always remember her as the person who will screw over family, friends, and strangers to get what she wants. Soon I won’t have to worry about her being out here for a while.

The day care is going ok. We still need to get organized with the paperwork. I need to step up and start doing more. Having Foster kids is a little time consuming. We have to have them do more around the house. Clean their rooms, put their clothes away, and help with household chores. We get there. Just another day at the farm.

No comments: