My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Monday, October 6, 2008

What a Weekend!

This weekend sucked.
Friday night Christine took the kids into town for dinner with our nephews and her parents. I stayed home to get chore done and wasn’t really wanting to go into town. The kids hardly ate anything. Christine bought home some of their food. After dinner the boy runs out the restaurant and almost gets hit. Christine yells at him to stop. He figures he’s in trouble and starts his screaming and crying. He screamed all the way home from town. Randy rode home with them. He was ready to put the boy out at the end of the lane and have him talk to the house. Poor Christine and Randy.

When they got home he was screaming and went right into time-out. He finally stopped his screaming long enough for Christine to talk to him. She told him she yelled at him to get him to stop so he wouldn’t get hit by that car. We got them to bed and went to bed ourselves.

The first thing Saturday morning the 2 older visiting kids were at it. They were squabbling, nit-picking, and just down right aggravating each other. I sent them outside to play or watch a movie in the hall. You’d think I stuck them in the eye with a hot poker the way they reacted. The boy falls on the ground and starts that ear splitting wailing. He sounds like a little girl screaming. Nothing against little girls but that is all I can think of comparing it to. I think they have trouble comprehending what you say. I say one thing and they hear another thing.

The day progressively got worst from there. The boy spent a great deal of time in time-out. Most of the time-outs were spent outside. He starts rubbing his head when he is getting ready to explode. I tell him to relax do a little controlled breathing. Sometimes I think he just wants his way and his mom may have given in to him when he pulls this.

I am getting pretty tired of it. Saturday evening I had had it. The boy was outside whining and I went into the kitchen and told Christine I am ready to put a ten day request on him. That is a request for DHS to find another place for the child within 10 days. As usual the crying started when it was time to go to bed. “I want my mommy, I want my mommy, I want my mommy, I want my mommy.” Over and over and over.

Sunday morning started out the same as Saturday’s had, bickering. I suggested they go out and let me fix breakfast and I’d call them when it was ready. You’d think I slammed the door in their face. I told them to go to their room if they were going to continue screaming and yelling.

I put the baby down for a nap before church and told the older 2 if they woke her up they were going outside. They woke her up by bickering. I sent them outside. They wailed. They were alright in church. They started to get restless about half way through. Went to the store afterwards and headed home.

Claudia and Rich came out and bought Lerica out to ride HD. Things went okay. Bed time came and they cried a little then went right to sleep.

What a weekend. I have them tonight since Christine has a 2 ½ hours class tonight. Just another day at the farm.

No comments: