My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Auction Prep

I see hay racks showing up at the farm. The day is getting near. I can’t wait. In my best Gollum voice...{Soon my precious it will all be mine.}

The other day I took the cast iron bell from in front of the screened-in porch to put up by our house. The very next day Christine’s grandpa came walking around by the house. I went outside and he told me he was looking for the bell. He walked right by it. He had to see it. I told him we moved it up to the house. He informed me that they were putting it on the auction. I took it down within the hour in the rain. I took it to the barn and put it by their pile of junk on the floor.

Christine asked where the bell went. I told her what her G-pa had said and she decided that was the last straw. She doesn’t even want to be around for the auction. The only reason I’m going to be here is to make sure Money-grubber G-ma doesn’t sell off any of my stuff.

I can’t wait until Delores asks me if I am going to bid on anything at the auction. I have been rehearsing my response, “No I don’t think so. There is something about bidding on family heirlooms that make them loose their sentimental value. Let some other family have it.” Money-grubber is hoping to play on the emotions of the family to put up big money for family mementoes. The thing about that is most of the family doesn’t have excess money to spend nor do many of them care to buy the stuff. Delores is a miserable woman who enjoys making others miserable and causing grief among her family. {After thought…I wonder if you can rent pall-bearers. She’ll need to.}

In less than a month I am hoping the grand parents are gone for the winter. I’m going to put fences and structures up while they’re gone. When they come back in the spring they will know I’m ready for Delores to be gone. COME ON October 10th.

No comments: