My photo
This is life at Knotty Creek Farm.

New Addition to the Farm

New Addition to the Farm
Mom & foal

Farm Life of Yesteryear

Farm Life of Yesteryear
Christine's Grandpa Schnedler's Plow

Monday, September 8, 2008

Things Starting to Move

Well the auction pendulum has swung to the “I didn’t want to have an auction” side. Delores is blaming Milford for wanting the auction. I’m sure she is fishing for pity. She was the one seeing $$ in her eyes. Now she doesn’t want to move. They are fixing the floor in the trailer the flooded. Insurance is paying for some of the repairs. It looks like they will be there for a while. That’s okay. I am moving forward with my plans for the barn area. I’m turning it into a communal area. I would like to put a gathering area where the trailer is. This winter will be busy.

My in-laws pulled out Sunday. They are taking a couple week vacation. Wish I could of went with them. They are planning to be back for the auction.

It looks like now the mower and tractor are back on the auction block. Delores wanted to put the furniture from the trailer in the barn. That would of meant that my tractor go outside. I don’t think so Willis. She can put HER furniture in HER garage. I will let her put a hayrack with her stuff on it in the barn the night before the auction if it looks like rain. Other than that she can figure it out herself. She wouldn’t help us out if there wasn’t anything in it for her. I’ll be glad when Oct 10th gets here. That’s auction day.

After the auction is over I am putting a lock on the barn. It is mainly to keep her from putting more of her shit in there.

Mat came and picked up Roscoe the dog. Roscoe was visiting the neighbors unannounced. I figured he better go before someone whacked him. Mat also took the cats. I guess the boys still wanted them. I wasn’t aware of that. It was my understanding that the cats weren’t going over to where Mat is. I guess they did.

We went to the last animal swap of the season. We came home without any animals. That is awesome. Now that we are gearing up for winter, we need to get Apollo out of here. I can’t afford him out there anymore. It looks like I’ll have to put a date on the removal. I don’t know how aggressively Sharon is looking for another place for him.

It rained most of the day. It will be a little longer until I can finish mowing the yard.

No comments: